If you follow me, you know that in addition to my love for crochet, I also love books. What better way to combine my two favorite things, than to make a crochet bookmark that I can use in the books I’m reading! And of course, I needed to share the Crochet Bookmark Free Pattern with you!
Materials Needed for the Crochet Bookmark Free Pattern
- 4.0 mm Crochet Hook
- Worsted Weight Yarn – I used two colors
- Tapestry Needle
Crochet Bookmark Free Pattern Instructions
To begin, chain 6.
- Hdc in the 2nd chain from the hook. Sc in each remaining chain across. Ch 1. Turn. (5)
- Hdc in the blo in each stitch across. Ch 1. Turn. (5)
- Sc in each stitch across. Ch 1. Turn. (5)
- Repeat steps 2-3 until you have 19 rows. Before ending the last stitch in your final row, change colors if you wish to do so. Ch 1. Turn.
- Sc across the top row. (5)
- Chaining 2, make your turn down the long side of the bookmark. Sc down the side of the bookmark. I ended up with 23.
- Chain 2 again to make your corner.
- Sc across the bottom of the bookmark. (5)
- Chain 2 to make your corner, and sc up the long side of the bookmark.
- Sl st to join into the first border stitch you made.
- Ch 26.
- Sc 10 times into the 2nd chain from your hook to make a circle.
- Sl st into the first sc of the round to join.
Fasten off and weave in all ends.
Pin for Later
Find The Hooking Reader
The Crafty Cabin Facebook Group